References and further reading

Arnold, A. (1990) ‘The Lapidarium’, Friends of Rochester Cathedral Annual report for 1990-1991. Rochester: Friends of Rochester Cathedral. 

Covert, M. (1988). ‘An exciting find’, Friends of Rochester Cathedral Annual report for 1988. Rochester: Friends of Rochester Cathedral. 

Livett, G. M. 'Foundations of the Saxon Cathedral Church at Rochester', Archaeologia Cantiana XVIII (1889), p. 267 n and plate ll. Available here

St John Hope, W. H., The Architectural History of the Cathedral Church and Monastery at Rochester. London 1900. P. 135. Part 1 available here, part 2 available here

Swanton, M. J. 'A Second Anglo-Saxon Sculptured Fragment from Rochester' in Harrison A., C. and Williams, D., ’Excavation at Prior’s Gate House, Rochester 1976-1977. Archaeologia Cantiana XCV (1980) pp. 34-35. Available here

West, J. (1996) ‘A stone rejected, retained and reconsidered’, Friends of Rochester Cathedral Annual report for 1995-1996. Rochester: Friends of Rochester Cathedral. Available here