We are proud to have eighteen transparent seated military figures to represent former pupils of King’s School, Rochester, who gave their lives in the First World War 1914 – 1918.
The Memorial in the Lady Chapel records the names of 68 former pupils, more than a third of those who had been at the School and who fought in the conflict. The memorial and window were unveiled and dedicated on 11th December 1920 and were designed by the Architect to the Dean and Chapter, Edmund Cobb.
The second memorial records the names of 53 former pupils of the School, who gave their lives in the Second World War and was unveiled and dedicated in June 1949.
All the names are remembered at the School’s annual Service of Remembrance in the Cathedral.