Our Fundraising Promise
The Trust is hugely grateful for the support given by so many and we value your trust in us. We will use your donations in the best way possible, to support conservation, education and music at Rochester Cathedral.
We make this promise to all who choose to help us in our work:
* We are committed to working responsibly and with transparency.
* We will respect your privacy and never sell on your details. We enjoy keeping our supporters updated by post about our fundraising achievements, activities and events and believe it is in our legitimate interest to do so. If you would like to update your contact preferences, please email email@example.com or telephone 01634 810074
* We consider the valued relationships with our supporters to be life-long. We will securely store your information e.g. correspondence, donation details, for as long as they are relevant, and to meet any legal requirements, such as for claiming Gift Aid. We will also retain data so we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to.
* Rochester Cathedral is formed of a number of internal departments and charities, including the Chapter of Rochester Cathedral, Rochester Cathedral Trust, Friends of Rochester Cathedral, Friends of Rochester Cathedral Music and Rochester Cathedral Enterprises Ltd. We work closely with our colleagues to work effectively, for example with the Cathedral’s Accounts and HR departments. We share information to carry out our work and maintain accurate records to avoid inconvenience to you.
* To help us enjoy meaningful relationships with our supporters, we may supplement the details you provide to us with information from trusted sources e.g. Companies House, the Charity Commission and other publicly available resources. We may analyse this combined data, so our communications are appropriate and cost effective.
* We work closely with our supporters, colleagues and others to identify new audiences and sources of support. To bring the greatest benefit to the Cathedral and understand more about our potential supporters, we may carry out limited, legitimate research. Those we go on to contact will be provided with clear information about this process and their rights. We may also carry out research to understand the source of any donated funds, to demonstrate due diligence and recognise any ethical or reputational risks for the Trust and Cathedral.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, please contact Lynne Bax our Development Officer.
Compliments or complaints?
We welcome all feedback so that we can continue to improve our working practices and provide a positive experience when supporting Rochester Cathedral. Please email or call +44 (0) 1634 810074 with any comments.
March 2018 – this promise is regularly reviewed