In accordance with data protection legislation, Rochester Cathedral is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of visitors using this Site.
What and when we collect
We may collect personal information such as your name, contact information, credit card information and demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests (the “Personal Data”). Your Personal Data is collected when you contact us, request information, make a booking, purchase items (including etickets) or support us. Note that the credit card information you give for any online transaction via our secure webpage is used solely for the purpose of processing that transaction.
Consent to collect your Personal Data and what we do with it
You hereby agree that your Personal Data may be collected and processed by us (and stored by our designated data collection agency) for the following purposes:
- processing your requests;
- providing you with our newsletter and other information by email or other means;
- providing you with information about our products and services or those of other parties we think you may find interesting;
- providing a personalised service;
- maintaining accounts and records;
- statistical analysis and conducting market research surveys;
- assessing and evaluating the use that is being made of the Site;
- information and databank compilation and administration.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.